2024 Art in the Park Criteria and Rules
The Denville Art in the Park shows are open to visual artists ages 18 and over. Items sold must be original and handcrafted by the displaying artist. Please be aware this is considered a “fine art” show and works will be carefully considered before being allowed. Each application will be juried by the Denville Art in the Park Committee.
Entries are limited to fine art, including the following mediums:
- Painting: oil, acrylic, gouache, watercolor, pastel
- Drawing: charcoal, graphite, colored pencil, oil pastel, chalk pastel
- Photography: digital, film, non-traditional
- Sculpture: 3d works using clay, metal, wood
- Metal: works completed in copper, iron, aluminum
- Jewelry: fine art personal ornaments made of beads, glass, metal
- Printmaking: lithography and intaglio
- Glass: pieces that are hand-blown, cast, or lamp work
- Ceramics: pots and other ware made from pottery or clay
- Mixed Media: works made from more than one medium
- Fiber: fine art made from natural or synthetic fibers or fabrics
- Woodworking: fine art pieces made from wood turning or carving
NOTE THAT THIS SHOW IS STRICTLY FINE ART—crafters can apply for one of our Makers’ Markets instead. Each application will be juried by the Denville Art in the Park Committee.
Artists have 3 options to display their work:
- Artist’s tent: 2 wooden lattice 4’ x 8’ panels (provided)
The tent is provided with this option. Panels are approximately 4’x8′. Two-dimensional works must be ready for hanging (framed and securely wired), and S hooks will be on hand to hang the artwork.
- Artist’s tent: 8’ table (not provided)
The tent is provided with this option. Artists must bring their own table, tablecloth, and chair. This option is reserved for pottery, sculpture, and 3d art.
- Individual 10’x10′ booth space
The tent is NOT provided with this option. Artists must have all the necessary items to display their work (10’x10′ tent, tent weights, hanging system, and/or tables, tablecloth, and chair).
The Art in the Park shows are held at Hogan Memorial Park next to the Denville Township Public Library. This is an afternoon event and you will not be able to drive up to your spot in this location, though we’ll have volunteers on hand to help with set up.
$50 non-refundable jury/booth fee is due with the application. This can be paid with a credit card, online only.
The jury panel is comprised of members of the Denville Art in the Park Committee, who reserves the right to exclude any work deemed inappropriate for this show.
- ACCEPTANCE: If you are accepted, you will informed within two weeks of submission and will receive further details, including online promotional materials, the week of the market date.
- NON-ACCEPTANCE: If you are not invited to participate, we encourage you to see if our Makers’ Markets are a better fit for your work.
- WAITLIST: In the event the show date/venue reaches capacity and you are accepted, you will be placed on the waitlist. A spot on the waitlist does not guarantee a space in the show. If a booth space becomes available, you will be notified immediately.
In the event you register and are accepted but find that you cannot be here to exhibit, please inform us immediately at email@example.com. You may not give your space to another vendor.
Artists are responsible for handling any sales on location and reporting their own sales tax.
Each participant is responsible for their own business/personal liability insurance to cover any loss, damage, liability or injury at the Denville Art in the Park. Participants waive any and all claims against Denville Arts Council and its venue partners.
Each participant is to hold a valid State seller’s permit and/or business license applicable to the city/county location.
WEATHER RELATED ISSUES
Mist, fog or intermittent rain will not result in postponement of the show. If the forecast is for heavy rain and/or thunderstorms for the day, the market will be held on its rain date. We will post the info on DAC website, Facebook, and Instagram, and we will email you as well.
Contact Vicki Harrison at firstname.lastname@example.org or 973-657-ARTS with questions.
FAILURE TO FOLLOW ANY OF THE ABOVE RULES/REGULATIONS WILL RESULT IN DISMISSAL AND WILL FORFEIT FUTURE PARTICIPATION. Rules are subject to change.