2024 Makers’ Market Criteria and Rules
We welcome makers, crafters, and small brands where the product is substantially crafted/produced in the USA by the vendor who will be present at the market. We seek vendors who source US materials where possible and have played a substantial role in transforming raw materials into the final product. NOTE THAT THIS SHOW IS STRICTLY CRAFT—NO APOTHECARY, ARTISANAL FOOD, PLANTS, DRAWING, PAINTING, WATERCOLOR, OR SCULPTURE. Store bought items, catalog-ordered items, or imported articles are also prohibited. Each application will be juried by the Denville Makers’ Market Committee.
Vendors can utilize an individual 10’x10′ booth space. Vendors must have all the necessary items to display their work (10’x10′ tent, tent weights, table, tablecloth, chair, etc). We recommend battery-operated tent lights for the Midsummer Market, no generators allowed.
The Midsummer Market will be held at Hogan Memorial Park next to the Denville Township Public Library. This is an evening event and you will not be able to drive up to your spot to unload in this location, though we’ll have volunteers on hand to help with set up.
The Fall Markets will be held in the Bloomfield Avenue parking lot in tandem with the Denville Farmers’ Market. You will be able to drive up to your spot to unload, but you’ll need to dress warm!
A $15 non-refundable jury fee and a $25 booth fee is due with the application. This can be paid with a credit card, online only.
- If not accepted, we will refund the $25 booth fee.
- If you are accepted but need to cancel and we are able to find a replacement, we will refund your booth fee. Otherwise booth fees are non-refundable once accepted.
The jury panel is comprised of three members of the Denville Makers’ Market Committee, who reserves the right to exclude any work deemed inappropriate for this show.
- ACCEPTANCE: If you are accepted, you will informed within a week of submission and will receive further details, including online promotional materials, the week of the market date.
- NON-ACCEPTANCE: If you are not invited to participate, your booth fee will be refunded to you, less a $15 jury fee. IMPORTANT: You must submit your application and pay the booth fee to be considered for acceptance.
- WAITLIST: In the event the marketplace date/venue reaches capacity, you will be placed on the waitlist. A spot on the waitlist does not guarantee a space in the market. If a booth space becomes available, you will be notified immediately.
In the event you register and are accepted but find that you cannot be here to exhibit, please inform us immediately at email@example.com. You may not give your space to another vendor.
Vendors are responsible for handling any sales on location and reporting their own sales tax.
Each participant is responsible for their own business/personal liability insurance to cover any loss, damage, liability or injury at the Denville Makers’ Market. Participants waive any and all claims against Denville Arts Council and its venue partners.
Each participant is to hold a valid State seller’s permit and/or business license applicable to the city/county location.
WEATHER RELATED ISSUES
Mist, fog or intermittent rain will not result in postponement of the market. If the forecast is for heavy rain and/or thunderstorms for the day, the market will be held on its rain date. We will post the info on DAC website, Facebook, and Instagram, and we will email you as well.
Contact Vicki Harrison at firstname.lastname@example.org or 973-657-ARTS with questions.
FAILURE TO FOLLOW ANY OF THE ABOVE RULES/REGULATIONS WILL RESULT IN DISMISSAL AND WILL FORFEIT FUTURE PARTICIPATION. Rules are subject to change.